You clap 6 times. Your friend claps 11 times. WRITE two comparing questions about the data Respond to your friends' posts by answering their questions.
Write a story problem using decade numbers.
Write the equation.
Solve the problem and explain your thinking.
1. I ate 44 grapes. I ate 20 more grapes. How many grapes did I eat?
2. 44 + 20 =
3. 4 tens plus 2 tens equals 6 tens. 6 tens plus 4 ones is 64. I ate 64 grapes.
We have been learning about story problems that have 3 numbers to be added. Here is your job:
1. Write a story problem with 3 digits.
2. Write an equation to solve this problem.
3. Explain how you solved the equation.
1. My mom bought 6 shirts, 5 pairs of pants and 8 coats. How many pieces of clothing did my mom buy?
2. 6 + 5 + 8 =
3. First I added 6 and 5 and got 11. Then I added 8 to the 11 and got 19. So, my mom bought 19 pieces of clothing.
We have been learning about school helpers. You had a chance to interview your fifth grade buddy because you said they were a school helper.
We have also been learning that we can create symbols to show our thinking.
Create a symbol that would show what it means to be a fifth grade helper and tell what makes you say that.
I choose the symbol ____________ because ______________________.